Drivers play a vital role in your system. It works as a mediator between the hardware and software components of your computer. Along with this, it acts as a translator that enables the OS to execute your instructions through the hardware.
Hence, it is necessary to updated device drivers on the PC timely to avoid certain problems. If you try to update drivers manually, then it is going to consume a lot of time. You need to update drivers automatically. Read on the post to do it effortlessly.
Why you should update your PC’s device drivers
Here are some of the major reasons why you need to Updated device drivers on the PC.
- Obsolete drivers.
- Problems with other peripheral devices.
After learning the reasons why you need to update the device drivers in PC, let’s go through the fixes given below.
How to update device drivers on a Windows PC
Below listed methods help you to update device drivers in your computer:
Method 1: Get Device Driver through Developer
If you want to update drivers with authentication, then you need to download device drivers through the developer website. As an example, below is how to update the USB drivers from the website of the manufacturer.
- Move to the manufacturer’s website.
- Navigate the required drivers.
- Get the driver file.
- Open Device Manager.
- Extend Universal Serial bus Controller section.
- Now choose update drivers by right-clicking on it.
- Click on the Update driver software from the menu that is visible on your screen.
- Click on Browse my computer for driver software.
- Write the location where you want to save the file in the next window.
- Tickmark Include Subfolders and choose next.
After completing the above process, the wizard allows you to download and install the drivers on Windows
Method 2: Execute Device Manager
In case you find difficulty while using the above method to update the device driver, then you can use Device Manager. Below listed steps helps you how to do it:
- Tap on Win + X keys together to open the menu box.
- Click on Device Manager from the menu box.
- Locate the driver for which you want to update. We are assuming that you need to update the USB driver.
- Select Update driver from the menu given on your screen.
- To find updated drivers, choose Automatically check for updates.
- Navigate and download the latest version of the updated driver.
- Follow the instructions to install the updated driver on your Windows PC.
- Reboot your PC to save the changes.
Method 3: Update Windows
Windows update is one of the widest and safest ways to update drivers. This method is authenticated by Microsoft. The following steps help you to update Windows:
- Press Win + S keys at the same time, to open the search box.
- Evoke System Settings.
- Click on the topmost result that appears on your screen.
- Now select Update & Security.
- You can check for updates by going to Windows Update.
After finishing the above procedure, now you can download and install the Windows Update.
Method 4: Install the Drivers Again with Device Manager
After completing the uninstall procedure, now you need to start reinstalling drivers i.e USB drivers.
- Tap Win + S keys at the time to open the search box.
- Click on the start button from the search box.
- Click on Device Manager.
- Now select the category of Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
- Choose Uninstall Device by right-clicking on it.
- Tick mark Delete the driver software for this device and then press Ok.
- Wait patiently till completing the uninstall process. After that, reboot your PC to download the USB driver and install it again.
Method 5: Update Drivers Automatically Using Bit Driver Updater
If you feel frustrated to update device drivers by following the above steps, then you can try a PC driver updater to update it automatically. Bit Driver Updater is one the best driver updater. It helps you to not only install and update the device drivers but also boosts up the performance of your PC. To know more about this tool, follow the steps given below:
- Tap on the download button given on your screen.
- Launch the software.
- Your computer will need to be configured according to the instructions.
- Scan your system to get rid of driver-related issues.
- Wait till the scanning process gets complete. After that, if you wish to update a single driver like a USB driver, then click on the Update Now option. In case you want to update all the drivers with a single click, then choose the Update All option.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most common queries given below:
Q1. Is it necessary to update the device driver?
Yes, it is essential to update the device driver. So, you can use updated drivers that help to fix issues related to hardware.
Q2. Why are device drivers important to your computer?
The main reason for the device driver is to become a communicator between hardware and software components.
Q3. Can drivers slow down a computer?
If you are using an out-of-date driver, then it can slow down the computer. So, you need to upgrade device drivers from time to time.
Successfully Updated Device Drivers on the pcYour Windows
The above-mentioned steps explain why it is necessary to updated device drivers on the PC. You can select one of the best alternatives as per the requirement of your PC. If you have a better idea, please let us know.
Why updating device drivers on a computer is important is explained in the above steps. As per the requirements of your PC, you can choose one of the best alternatives. We would appreciate it if you came up with a better alternative.
Using the above steps, you can understand why it is necessary to update device drivers on a PC. Depending on your PC’s requirements, you can choose one of the best alternatives. If you come up with an even better solution, please let us know. If there’s something we can do, please let us know.